The NAHLA Nominating Committee (Connie Winther, Maria Tan,and Sandy Campbell, Chair) invite nominations for the following three positions:
- Vice-President/President Elect, for the period 2018/2019 through 2020/2021 (3 years)
- Treasurer, for the period 2018/2019 through 2019/2020 (2 years)
- Secretary, for the period 2018/2019 through 2019/2020 (2 years)
An outline of the duties of each of the above position and additional information for each of the above positions are contained in the NAHLA Handbook.
- Nominees must be individual members in good standing of NAHLA and also must either be members of the Canadian Health Libraries Association (CHLA/ABSC) or agree to join CHLA /ABSC if elected.
- If you are not yet a NAHLA member, click here to register.
- If you are not yet a CHLA/ABSC member, click here for registration details.
- All nominations must be signed by one NAHLA member.
- Nomination forms must be submitted electronically to the Nominations Committee, and shall include the nominee’s written consent to stand for election and a brief statement outlining the nominee’s interest and qualifications for the position.
- Members of the Board are eligible for re-election provided that no member serves more than two (2) consecutive terms.
As the election (if necessary) will be carried out electronically, no nominations will be accepted during the AGM.
Using our new list-serv Northern Alberta Health Libraries Association
- Login in to your google account that is associated with Northern Alberta Health Libraries Association.
- You have 2 options.
- OPTION 1
- Go to the google groups page
- You will see a link to your groups on the left hand side of the page. Click on it.
- Your google groups will appear, Northern Alberta Health Libraries Association will be one of the groups, click on it.
- Yout can see all the messages that have been posted to the group here.
- To post a new message to the group, click on the red NEW TOPIC button on the left hand side.
- OPTION 2
- Save the email address for the google group in your email contacts.
- To send a message to the group, just choose the email address from your contacts, write the post, and send it off.
Save the Date NAHLA AGM
Location: ECHA 2-430
Date: Thursday September 27, 2018
Time: 5:00 – 6:30 pm
NAHLA-L is retiring
But have no fears, it’s being replaced. Due to technological constraints and aging infrastructure, we have decided to move the NAHLA-L listserv over to a google group. All current NAHLA-L members will be transferred to a google group, Northern Alberta Health Libraries Association. Expect an invitation in early May.
Thanks to all the attendees and presenters at this year’s NAHLA Trends. If you attended, please take the time to make next year’s Trends just as good by filling out the evaluation form you will have received by email.
Thanks to all the excellent presenters at this year’s Research Exposition.
Thanks to all the applicants to our Continuing Education Award. A decision and announcement will be made shortly.
Slides from our recent Leading Edge on Overcoming arithmophobia: A statistics primer are now available.
Presentation notes from our recent Leading Edge on Searching Tips, Tricks and Hacks with Expert Searches are now available.