NAHLA Land Acknowledgement
The Northern Alberta Health Libraries Association acknowledges that we are located in Amiskwacîwâskahikan (Beaver Hills House). This Land is a crossroads and gathering place for nations including the Nehiyawak (Cree), Siksikaitsitapi (Blackfoot), Nakota Sioux, Haudenosaunee (Iroquois), Dene, Ojibway / Saulteaux / Anishinaabe, Inuit and other distinct Peoples. The knowledges and experiences of the Peoples of these nations are connected to the Land, and are dynamically present in this space today. We also recognize this Land is part of Treaty 6 Territory and Métis Region 4. As professionals engaging with concepts of knowledge production, knowledge diffusion and knowledge organization, we recognize it is our responsibility to respect Indigenous Ways of Knowing and with this statement we dedicate ourselves to moving forward in the spirit of partnership, reconciliation and collaboration.
For sources, context, definitions, and contributors, or to learn more about the significance of meaningful land acknowledgements, please refer to the following:
Spring 2020 Online Project Exposition
Date: Thursday, April 16, 5:30-7:00
NAHLA’s Project Exposition is an annual event that showcases projects and research being conducted by our members and is an opportunity to share and seek feedback on any challenges or successes you may have encountered while working on these projects.
Information on project submission details can be found on the project exposition page.
Exposition Presenters: Please complete this presenter registration form by Thursday, April 9.
Registration: To attend the online project exposition, please complete the registration form by Tuesday, April 14.
Details for joining will be sent to registered participants, and will also be posted to the project exposition page.
- March 12, 2020 – NAHLA / SAHLA Leading Edge Workshop – Non-Insured Health Benefits Program for First Nations and Inuit Peoples in Canada
- March 04, 2020 – GELA and NAHLA Resume Workshop
- December 12, 2019 – the 2019 Holiday Celebration Lunch in Old Spaghetti Factory (Downtown).
- July 25, 2019 – the 2019 Summer Social in State & Main (Downtown)
- May 14, 2019 – Leading Edge Workshop – Looking Through the Lens of Social Style
- March 21, 2019 – NAHLA Project Exposition
- March 06, 2019 – GELA and NAHLA Resume Workshop
- February 28, 2019 – Leading Edge Workshop Consumer Health Information
- December 07, 2018 – the 2018 Holiday Celebration Lunch in Old Spaghetti Factory (Downtown).
- November 08, 2018 – Leading Edge Workshop Putting the “Evidence” in “Evidence-Based Medicine”: The Role of LIS Professionals in Health Care
Monthly Executives meetings:
- February 18, 2020
- January 21, 2020
- December 17, 2019
- November 19, 2019
- October 24, 2019
- September 11, 2019
- August 14, 2019 (virtual)
- July 10, 2019
- June 12, 2019
- May 08, 2019
- April 10, 2019
- March 13, 2019
- February 13, 2019
- January 09, 2019
- November 21, 2018
- October 09, 2018
Instructions on how to use our new list-serv are here.