This Continuing Education Award was established in 2009 to enhance access to professional development opportunities for NAHLA members. The award consists of $200 for eligible expenses for a continuing education activity. The funds can be put towards any type of continuing education activity that will enhance your skills as a health information professional (e.g., webinar, workshop, conference, etc.).
- Applicants must be current full or student members of NAHLA.
- Members of the NAHLA Executive are not eligible for this grant.
- Applicants must not have received the award the previous year.
- Requested funds must be spent by September 30 of the same year.
Procedures for Application – Deadline Extended
Download the NAHLA CE Award Application Form. Applications should be submitted electronically by June 30, 2021, in either PDF or Word formats to email@example.com. The successful applicant will be notified by July 31, 2021. All enquiries and correspondence concerning the award should be addressed to the Vice President via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Within one month of completion of the approved continuing education activity, the successful applicant must provide:
- receipts for expenses related to the activity (e.g., registration fees, workshop materials, etc.) to the NAHLA Treasurer.
- a brief report to the NAHLA Executive about the CE activity and its benefit to you. The report will be published on the NAHLA website.
If the recipient of the grant is unable to attend the funded activity, the funds must be returned to the association. If the activity is cancelled, the award winner must either apply the funds towards another CE program or return the fund.
- 2019 Gail Thornton
- 2018 Toby Grant